“Creating Community through the Arts”
The Mission of community-based Bihl Haus Arts—Creating Community through the Arts—is founded on the belief that each person, when given a chance, will achieve significant personal, social, and cultural growth through the arts.To support our mission, Bihl Haus Arts:
• Nurtures and promotes the work of diverse visual and cultural artists in San Antonio;
• Fosters artistic excellence and intergenerational and multicultural understanding and awareness;
• Creates community between seniors enrolled in the GO! Arts program, area established and emerging artists, members of surrounding neighborhoods, and the global art culture; and
• Builds collaborations with other cultural and social service organizations to maximize access to collective resources.
Upcoming Featured Events
- There were no results found.
Stay In Touch
Get news from BIHL HAUS ARTS in your inbox.
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: BIHL HAUS ARTS, 2803 Fredericksburg Road, San Antonio, TX, 78201, US, http://bihlhausarts.org. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the Unsubscribe link, found at the bottom of every email.
A Caregiver’s Toolkit
With input from family caregivers, the SALSA (Successful Living and Aging in San Antonio) Caregiver and Socialization Workgroup, of which Bihl Haus Arts is a member, created a dynamic toolkit for caregivers. This toolkit offers resources to those spouses, family, and significant others who provide care for their loved ones. The success of most care plans—from hospital discharge to everyday care in the home—often rests on the shoulders of the family caregiver. We hope this toolkit assists new or experienced home-based caregivers to understand their role and provides information about essential support for the challenges caregivers may face.